Cauli-wraps are another superb “fake carb” for which we owe thanks to the cauliflower.
Flavour-packed cauliflower wraps provide the perfect grain-free.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Preheat the oven to 190C and line two baking sheets with baking paper. In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower florets until they form a crumb-like texture. Place the crumbles and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan with a tight fitting lid. Cook on medium high heat for 8 minutes, until tender.
- Drain the cauliflower in a sieve, then transfer to a clean kitchen towel. Firmly squeeze any excess water from the cauliflower. In a bowl, stir together the cauliflower and remaining ingredients. Form two thin circles on the baking sheets. With a spatula, press down the "dough" so it forms a thin layer. Keep the wraps compact, there should be no baking paper showing through the mixture in any area of the wrap.
- Bake for about 17 minutes until dry and pliable. Gently remove to a wire rack to cool so the bottom does not become soggy. Use with light fillings or tear into pieces and use to scoop up fillings.
- For Garlic Herb Wraps, substitute 1 minced garlic clove and 3/4 tsp dried herbs (basil, oregano, thyme or a combo) for the curry powder.