Quick, easy and flavourful roasted chicken dish.
Nothing beats a good home roasted chicken. It's so easy, it more or less makes itself.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Tear the basil leaves into pieces, slice the courgettes lengthways and crush the garlic.
- Grate the peel (only the yellow/green peel not the white part) off the lemons (to create lemon zest) and then cut the lemons into wedges.
- Place the lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and half the basil into a bowl and mix together.
- Place the courgettes slices onto a backing tray and then place the chicken on top. Spoon over the basil mixture. Sprinkle with coarsely ground salt. Roast for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and roast for a further 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To serve, divide the chicken, courgette slices and cherry tomatoes between the plates. Top with the remaining fresh basil leaves and add lemon wedges on the side. Squeeze a little lemon over the chicken.