Sort of like a chicken cordon blue, but with bacon and broccoli.
A classic casserole.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Put a few glugs of olive oil in a large saucepan on medium to high heat. Season the chicken cubes well with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add to the hot pan and pan-fry for about 7 or 8 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Bring a saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the broccoli and boil for about 3 or 4 minutes. Remove from stove, drain and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk (or whip with a fork) melted butter, cream, coconut milk, garlic powder, parmesan (reserving about of quarter of the cheese for the topping), salt, onion and eggs. Then add the chicken and broccoli and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole or dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and lay rashers of bacon on top (in a single layer - no overlapping).
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes - turning the grill on for the last 5 minutes to make the bacon nice and crispy.
- When done, remove from oven and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.