Want to impress? Look no further than this stylish fried chicken with a bacon parmesan twist.
Put this on your dream menu for entertaining.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Prepare a baking pan by covering it with foil and placing a wire rack on top. Fry the bacon until crispy and crumble.
- Mix the egg and water together in a small bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the parmesan cheese, pepper, salt and garlic.
- Combine the grated cheddar and bacon crumbles in yet another bowl.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in the egg mixture, then in the parmesan and spice mixture.
- Fry the chicken in the hot oil until golden brown.
- Place the chicken on the rack in the baking pan and bake about 20 minutes, until the juices run clear.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, top with the grated cheddar and bacon mix, and bake it until the cheese melts.