A simple and delicious recipe for a yummy chicken dish.
This quick meal is packed with tangy, lemon-infused spiciness, and is perfect for a fast weeknight dinner.
- Preheat oven to 180C. Slice the onions and fresh mint finely.
- Squeeze the lemons. Set the juice aside.
- Place the cherry tomatoes into a roasting dish and drizzle with a little olive oil. Scatter with mint. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Using a potato peeler, shave the courgettes lengthways into long ribbons until you’ve used up the entire courgette.
- Cut the chicken breasts into strips lengthways – about 4 strips per breast. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Place a large non-stick frying pan with a few glugs of olive oil over MEDIUM heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken strips, garlic, chilli, HALF the lemon juice and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until nicely browned. Don’t overlap the chicken in the pan. If your pan is a little small, rather cook the chicken in batches. Once the chicken is cooked remove from the pan, set aside and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Using the same pan on medium heat, add the onions and a little oil and cook till translucent (about 5 minutes). Add the remaining lemon juice, salt and pepper and a little extra olive oil. Add the courgette strips and cook for a minute or two just till they just start to soften.
- To serve, place the chicken and tomatoes on the bed of courgette ribbons on each plate.