A rich, custardy chocolate dessert without any guilt.
This is a deliciously silky dessert, perfect for after a meal, or for a treat.
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Place 3 ramekins in an ovenproof dish and boil a kettle of water.
- Place a pot of water on the stove to boil, then place a bowl on top of the boiling water. Put the cream, chocolate, coffee, salt and vanilla in the bowl and whisk carefully until the chocolate and coffee is melted and well combined. Do not boil it.
- In a separate bowl blitz together the eggs and xylitol using a stick blender.
- Slowly drizzle the hot cream mixture in while blending with the eggs. You must blend and drizzle slowly, or you will end up with chocolate scrambled eggs.
- Divide the mixture between the 3 ramekins. Pour boiling water into the oven dish, to cover about 2.5cm up the side of the ramekins.
- Bake for 35 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- The custard should be jiggly in the centre.