Panna Cotta is an italian classic - a simple yet stylish dessert.
When it comes to easy desserts, panna cotta is a definite “go to” recipe.
- As an alternative to the vanilla paste, you can use a vanilla pod that has been split and the seeds scraped.
- Sprinkle the gelatine powder in the cold water and let it soften for several minutes. Add the boiling water and stir until the gelatine is totally dissolved (like when you make jelly).
- In a pot, add the vanilla bean paste or vanilla pod and seeds to the cream and warm through (do not bring to the boil). If you’re using the pod, remove it from the cream after it’s warm.
- Combine dissolved gelatine with the rest of the ingredients. Stir to mix completely, and taste.
- Pour mixture into 6 custard cups, ramekins, or glasses and allow to cool down. Once cool, chill completely - it will take 3 to 4 hours until completely set.
- Serve with a berry coulis.