Perfect breakfast on the run!
These egg muffins would not only be great for breakfast, but for a snack, or a light lunch too!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Chop up the mushrooms and red onion finely and slice up the bacon.
- Fry the bacon, mushrooms and onion together in the butter on medium heat, until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
- Mix together the cheddar and eggs well.
- Spoon the fried mixture into your muffin tins.
- Pour the egg and cheddar mixture into the wells of the muffin tin, covering the filling.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Use the tooth pick test to ensure that the centres are cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven to let cool.