Delicious, quick and easy to make.
Serve them with veggies or a salad.
- Drain the oil from the tuna and flake.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Grate the skin of the lemon to create zest.
- Chop the parsley finely.
- Put a pan on medium to high heat. Add the pine nuts to the dry pan and toast for a minute or two until lightly browned. Shake the pan often so that they don't burn.
- Add the tuna, pine nuts, lemon zest, egg, salt, pepper and parsley together in a bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Form the mixture into small balls or patties by squeezing the mixture together in your hands to make a tight ball. Don't worry if some liquid leaks out.
- Heat a few glugs of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, gently lay the tuna balls in the pan so they don't break apart and fry for a 3 or 4 minutes on each side until golden - turning only once.
- Drain on paper towels and serve warm.