A low carb cottage pie with cauliflower and cheese topping is a great healthy dish anytime of the year.
A delicious, wholesome meal, with no added carbs or thickener.
- Preheat your oven to 220C.
- Slice up the white mushrooms and dice the green peppers.
- MINCE: Fry onions in butter. Add green pepper. When soft, add mince and fry. Add spices and seasoning (chillie, masala, pepper, etc depending on your taste). Cook for 5 mins. Add tomato paste and cook for 10 mins or so. Lastly add mushrooms. Simmer until mushrooms are soft.
- CAULI-MASH: Cut cauliflower and steam in microwave for 5-6 mins. Add butter and microwave for another 2 mins or so. Pop into a blender and blend with a dash of cream until smooth.
- Layer mince into a casserole dish. Top with cauli-mash. Top with cheese. Grill in oven until cheese melts and browns a bit.