Once thought of as an impressive gourmet dish for dinner parties, Beef Stroganoff is actually easy enough to make any night of the week.
This is one of the many quick and easy beef recipes that tastes fabulous with minimal effort.
- Heat your oven to warm setting. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large non-stick pan heat the oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat in batches, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to a platter and place in the oven.
- Melt the butter in the pan; add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, until softened. Add the mushrooms. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushroom liquid evaporates.
- Add the wine; cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the beef broth and cook for 10 minutes, until the mushrooms are coated with a thick sauce. Stir in the sour cream and mustard. Add the meat and accumulated juices.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the meat is heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.