A traditional South African dish, bobotie is the epitome of comfort food.
This recipe is so easy and totally delish - just like the real deal!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Fry the onions until translucent, then add the curry and the turmeric, followed by the mince. Fry until the mince is loose.
- Place in a mixing bowl, and mix in the apple, butter, xylitol, lemon juice, almond flour, psyllium husk and salt. Mix well and press into a baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs, milk and cream, for the topping, together and pour over the meat.
- Put the almonds on top and bake until the topping is golden brown.