A filling and delectable crustless quiche.
Perfect as a family meal served with a salad or vegetables.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Slice the bacon and spinach into strips and chop the onion finely.
- Fry the bacon in a dry pan over medium to high heat until done to your liking.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in large sauce pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for few minutes until translucent. Turn the heat down and add the spinach, cook for about 3 or 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until the spinach wilts. Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add in the cheese, onion and spinach mixture and the bacon and stir well.
- Butter a pie or quiche dish and pour in the quiche mix. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until done. Check by inserting a knife in the centre - it should come out clean. Let the quiche rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, cut a slice of quiche for each plate.