A delicious biltong pie flavoured with onion and cheese.
Creamy and tasty, and very easy to make.
- Preheat the oven to 350C (or the highest you can go on your stove, usually 260/270C, the crust needs to bake fast).
- Spray an ovenproof pie dish.
- FOR THE CRUST: Mix the almond flour, the olive oil or butter, the salt and 1 egg together. Press the mixture down into and around the sides of the pie dish, and bake at 350C for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Turn the heat of the oven down to 180C.
- FOR THE FILLING: Slice up the olives or peppadews. Mix together the biltong, fried onion, and olives (or peppadews) and pur into the crust. Sprinkle the cup of cheese over the top. Mix together the cream and 2 eggs and pour over the filling. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.