A delicious chicken and mushroom pie made with tasty cheddar.
A wonderful yummy pie and very easy to make.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Slice the mushrooms, remove the stems from the spinach and grate the cheddar cheese.
- Spray an ovenproof pie dish.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper and the lemon juice and rind. Steam in a food steamer until done. (You can also bake it in the oven or steam in saucepan with a bit of water if you do not have a food steamer.)
- Cut the cooked chicken into small pieces.
- Fry the mushrooms in a little bit of oil until just softened. Add the spinach and fry until the spinach welts.
- Beat the eggs and cream cheese together.
- Mix the chicken, spinach and cream cheese together and spoon into the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese over.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the egg has set and the cheese is melted and golden.