A delicious “Faux Carb” pizza crust.
If you have been searching for the Holy Grail of low carb pizzas, this is it.
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Using Mozzarella or Edam/milk cheese is best.
- Put the shredded/grated cheese and cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- Stir then microwave on HIGH for another 30 seconds.
- Add the egg, salt, rosemary (or other flavourings) and ground almonds, mix gently.
- Place in between 2 baking sheets and roll into a circular pizza shape. remove the top baking sheet. If the mixture hardens and becomes difficult to work with, pop it back in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to soften again.
- Make fork holes all over the pizza base to ensure it cooks evenly.
- Place the baking sheet with the pizza base on a baking tray or pizza stone, and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.
- Remove from the oven and add all the toppings you like. Make sure any meat is already cooked as this time it goes back into the oven just to heat up the toppings and melt the cheese. Bake again at 220C for 5 minutes.