Stromboli is a type of turnover filled with various cheeses, typically mozzarella, Italian meats such as salami, capicola and bresaola or vegetables.
Stromboli will quickly become a family dinner favorite.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grate the two portions of mozzarella separately
- Melt the butter in the microwave and set aside.
- Combine the spices with the dough's grated mozzarella and melt in the microwave at 30% power for about 2 mins in a 1200 watt microwave.
- Add the almond flour, coconut flour, melted butter and egg to your melted cheese and combine.
- Microwave the dough/batter for 5-10 seconds to make sure all the ingredients are well combined.
- Before rolling out the dough microwave again for 10 seconds.
- Form a rectangle on top of baking paper (or use silicon baking mats), place another sheet of parchment paper on top and roll out into a rectangular shape.
- Slice the sides (the longest sides) to get nice straight edges with a pizza cutter.
- Using the pizza cutter slice the strips on each side evenly. Only go about a third of the way in, to leave room for the filling.
- Add the filling mozzarella and pepperoni (or your own fillings) to the middle of your dough and fold the strips over the top.
- Fold up the dough on the ends to close the stromboli up.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Click HERE to view a series of images, if any of the instructions seem unclear.