Want a low carb Mexican treat?
Low carb quesadillas are the perfect quick hot lunch at home - and make great appetisers, too!
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt the cheese in the microwave making sure to not overheat.
- Add the egg, cream, coconut flour and italian herbs. Knead your dough until the coconut flour/egg mixture is totally incorporated and roll out between two sheets of baking paper. (You can make two medium quesadilla's or one large one. If you have trouble rolling it out, place the dough in the microwave for 5-10 seconds).
- Bake for 10 mins and then remove from the oven.
- Wait until the "tortilla" is cool and add the cheese and jalapeno or your selected fillings.
- Return to oven for a further 5 minutes or until any cheese is melted inside.