A rich blue cheese and mushroom sauce is so easy to make and tastes so good.
The perfect sauce to turn any meal into a delectable unforgettable dish.
- Chop up the chives and mince the garlic.
- Melt the butter in a pan and sauté the mushrooms until slightly browning.
- Turn down the heat a bit and add the blue cheese – mix – as the cheese starts to melt, add: pouring cream, double cream, chives and garlic.
- Turn the heat down to LOW and simmer the sauce for approximately 3 minutes whilst stirring - until all ingredients have cooked together.
- Add the salt and pepper.
- TIPS: To increase the cheesy tang, add more blue cheese to the slow simmer but increase cheese gradually because it’s very easy to overdo it and spoil the sauce. IF you end up with too much tang – add a bit more pouring cream and tone the tang down with a serve of parmesan cheese (not ideal but saves the sauce). Low heat is a must at the simmer point because this sauce will spoil. Have breath mints handy for the following morning. Enjoy!