Prepare your own flavoured cheese spread...
This is a very delicious low calorie cheese spread.
- Heat the milk, cream and butter over low heat, making sure it does not boil. Turn the heat lower and add the cheese, stirring continuously while the cheese melts.
- Remove it from the stove just before it begins boiling. Pour it into a bowl and blitz with a stick blender until all the cheese has melted and the mixture is smooth.
- At this point you can add any flavouring to your spread base. Examples are: Bits of Bacon, Biltong Powder, Garlic or Chilli.
- Bottle the mixture while it is still hot, then allow to cool, and keep in the fridge.
- This mixture will make 1.5 litres.