Bone Broth contains the “spark plugs” you need to function.
Minerals activate enzymatic processes needed to function well. Bone broth contains calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulfur and trace minerals in easily assimilated form. Nutrients that keep you moving, pain-free: glucosamine and chondroitin, which support joint function. Anti-aging components: Gelatine supports healthy digestion and strengthens hair, skin and nails. It also nourishes connective tissues, which helps to prevent premature skin sagging and cellulite. It also contains the amino acid proline, which is necessary for the production of collagen. Detoxification support: The amino acid glycine helps the liver with detoxification. Glycine is also essential for the production of glutathione, a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent premature ageing.
- Place your bones in a slow cooker, along with the salt and any of the optional extras you have chosen.
- Pour in enough water to cover the bones.
- Pour in the apple cider vinegar.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for the recommended amount of time: Chicken bones: 8 hours and Beef/Lamb bones: 8-12 hours.
- When ready strain the broth and don't discard the bones. Let it cool and then scrape off every nook and crannie for that collagen!
- Discard the vegetables or peppercorns if you have added any.
- Pour the broth into jars and store in the fridge. If you would like to freeze your broth, cool down completely and freeze.