A roasted butternut soup, comforting, soothing, and healthy.
A creamy delight with an aroma to die for.
- Cut the butternut into small cubes, slice up the leeks and cut the gammon steak into small cubes.
- In a heavy pan, heat the butter and add all the ingredients except the stock and cream.
- Allow the veggies to fry until they begin to soften. (about 7 minutes)
- Add the stock.
- Reduce the heat and allow to simmer until veggies are soft and meat is cooked.
- Blitz with a stick blender. If you find it is too thick, add a bit of water.
- Add the cream.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning to your liking.