This is as good as comfort food gets in a bowl!
Everything works together in harmony, leaving you with a bacon-y, smokey, and mellow heat with each and every bite you take.
- Slice the bacon into 2,5cm slices and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan while reserving the fat.
- Dice the jalapenos (remove the seeds if you do not like the heat), and sautee in the bacon fat. Remove from the pan while reserving the fat.
- In a pot, add the bacon fat, broth, butter and spices. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Using a stick blender, emulsify the broth to incorporate the fats into it. Once done, add the cream and grated cheese.
- Stir together and season to taste. Add the jalapeno and bacon into the pot and let it simmer for 5 minutes before serving.