A simple yet tasty alternative to potato leek soup.
A definite comfort food for winter.
- Fry the onion in butter until translucent.
- Cut the leeks in half down the length and rinse well under running water, chop finely and fry for a little while, along with the onions, until wilted.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add to the leek and onions and fry for a little bit.
- Cover with chicken stock, and cook slowly for about 30 to 40mins.
- Blitz with a stick blender or in a liquidiser. (Now would be the time to freeze what you're not going to use).
- Add the cream, and reheat, without boiling. Adjust the seasoning to suit your own taste.
- Enjoy with some crispy bacon bits.