An enjoyable pumpkin soup recipe that can be served any time of the year.
It can be made ahead of time and served cold in summer.
- Peel, Chop up and Roast the Pumpkin.
- Chop the onion finely and the bacon into blocks..
- Using a large pot, cook the chopped bacon until it starts to crisp and renders some fat.
- Remove the bacon from the pot and put aside.
- Saute the onion in the bacon fat until it becomes glassy.
- Add the pumpkin, stock powder, thyme, vinegar and water and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the majority of hte cream, leaving a little for garnishing.
- Mix it through, then run the soup through a food processor and blend until it reaches a really smooth consistency.
- Return the soup to the heat briefly, and serve warm with a swirl of cream and some of the crispy bacon as a garnish.
- Alternatively remove it from the heat and allow it to cool down and serve cold.