This is a restaurant quality soup and will not fail to please.
Fantastic colour and taste.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds, cut the cauliflower into florets, dice the onion and chop up the garlic and thyme.
- Roast the red peppers until the skins are black (You can rub the peppers with olive oil and place them skin down on a baking tray directly onto the stove top). Place them in a sealable container or a plastic bag and let them 'steam' for 20 minutes. Remove the skins and dice.
- Meanwhile, toss the cauliflower in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and place it in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast in the oven until tender and caramelised, for about 20-30 minutes, mixing once in the middle. This can also be done on the stove top in a heavy bottom pan (load Shedding).
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over medium heat and cook the onion until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and chili flakes and cook for about a minute.
- Add the roasted and peeled red peppers, cauliflower, broth, paprika, salt, pepper and feta and simmer for 10 minutes before pureeing to the desired consistency with a hand blender.
- Serve garnished with crumbled feta and some diced peppers.