Fat Bombs are delicious little morsels which are fabulous for a low carb diet.
Even better are tasty, savoury fat bombs.
- Finely chop the chilli and dice the onion.
- Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay the bacon strips out flat on the baking paper, leaving space so they don't overlap. Place the tray in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown. The time depends on the thickness of the bacon slices. When done, remove from the oven and set aside to cool down.
- Halve, deseed and peel the avocado. Place the avocado, butter, chilli pepper, crushed garlic and lime juice into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash using a potato masher or a fork until well combined. Add the diced onion and mix well.
- Pour in the bacon grease from the tray where you baked the bacon and mix well. Cover with a foil and place in the fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Crumble the bacon into small pieces and prepare for "breading." Remove the guacamole mixture from the fridge and start creating 4 balls. You can use a spoon or an ice-cream scooper. Roll each ball in the bacon crumbles and place on a tray that will fit in the fridge.