Take mouth-watering sizzling bacon, pair it with vegges and let the oven do the rest.
A simple, yet delicious side dish that will go well with almost anything.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prefry the bacon and break it into bits.
- Break the cauliflower and broccoli into florets, chop the rest of the veg into chunks and place into a large oven proof dish. Mix around the veg for an even spread. Place covered in the oven, while preparing and cooking the sauce.
- For the sauce, start off on a medium heat (3). Make a roux with the butter and almond flour, salt and pepper. Then add in the mascarpone and stir it in, allowing for it to melt (Optional). Continue stirring. while slowly adding in the cream, and then the milk.
- While still stirring, sprinkle in the xanthan gum and turn the heat up a notch (4). You can alternate from a wooden spoon to a hand whisk at this point.
- When the sauce starts to thicken, turn down the heat again (3) and add in the 150g of cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth and thick. Lastly, stir in the bacon bits.
- Take the veg out of the oven and pour the sauce into it, using a wooden spoon, fold everything over so that all the veggies get covered in sauce, then top with remaining 100g cheese.
- Cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, uncover and grill until the top is brown.