A Mediterranean one-pot stew with peppers, courgettes, lentils, sweet smoked paprika and thyme
Rich and tomatoey, a perfect side to any dish or even on its own.
- Chop and slice up all the vegetables and ensure that your courgette slices are thick.
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based pan. Add the onions and cook gently for 5 – 10 mins until softened.
- Add the garlic, spices, dried thyme, carrots, celery and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock, courgettes and fresh thyme and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Take out the thyme sprigs, then simmer for a few more minutes, and serve.